Your safety and the safety of our entire community is our top priority.
With that in mind, we have implemented the following safety measures to do our part in stemming the spread of COVID-19.
- Mask-wearing is mandatory for all visitors and employees of Vertex. Vertex will have disposable masks available for if needed.
- Everyone must check in upon entry so that we can provide some level of contact tracing should anyone become ill.
- Upon entering Vertex, all visitors will have their temperature taken and must answer no to the following screening questions:
- Have you had any symptoms related to COVID-19 in the last three days?
- Have you come into contact with anyone with symptoms related to COVID-19 in the last three days?
- Have you been on an airplane within the last two weeks?
- Hand sanitizer is available at the welcome desk and throughout the gym and must be used upon entering and frequently thereafter.
- All chalk is now liquid chalk, an alcohol-based solution that is an effective disinfectant.
- Social-distancing, frequent hand-washing, mask-wearing, and keeping personal belongings to oneself are all requirements of participation in youth programs. Each of these requirements will be reiterated at the start of each class.
- Classes will be small and staffed at a 1:5 ratio.
- Air circulation within the gym is promoted by open doors and windows and the use of fans and air purifiers.
- Gym surfaces will be disinfected by staff throughout the day.
- We ask that all climbers please respect others and do not climb on top ropes auto-belays, lead routes or boulder problems with a six foot radius of other climbers who are not in your climbing party.
- Please maintain six feet of social distance from all persons who are not in your social circle.
- Max occupancy of each restroom is two persons.
For current Vertex members:
All memberships have been placed on a no-charge freeze until we are able to reopen.
If you wish to modify your membership for any reason, please fill out a membership change form.