COVID-19 Update: July 14, 2020
On July 13th, the State of California by Public Health Order required all fitness facilities to close effective immediately. Though we had worked hard to ensure this would be a safe place to visit in this new age, we do fall into the fitness facility category and must adhere to the state requirements. That said, we are closely monitoring public health updates and also researching potential ways to qualify for reopening.
Vertex is a unique space. We have high ceilings, large rooms and the ability to open all our windows and doors. We required mask-wearing, frequent hand sanitization and the use of alcohol based liquid chalk. With the implementation of appointment based climbing, we limited gym occupancy to 20 climbers plus 1-2 staff and in the two weeks we were open, we rarely hit that capacity. We take the health of our members and our employees very seriously and truly believe this to be a relatively safe place to spend time in. We hope you do too when we are finally able to reopen.
Many of you have contacted us since we closed and asked how your memberships will be handled. This is what we have put into place thus far:
- Your membership is on an automatic no-charge freeze.
- Any July membership dues have been prorated and credited back to your account.
- Pre-paid memberships will be extended for the number of days we are closed.
- Punch cards do not expire.
As you can imagine, being closed has been difficult for this small business. We have had to lay off almost all of our employees and are doing all we can to be able to reopen our doors when the time comes. Check out our new Virtual Fitness Membership + Live Social Distanced Classes. We want to continue to keep our members healthy and happy in any way we can.
Please stop by our VERTEX SUPPORT page to find out how you can help ensure a bright future for the gym.
Please stay tuned for updates by following us on Facebook and Instagram and keeping an eye out for our emails. Thank you for your continued support!
COVID-19 Update: June 9, 2020
Reopening Plan – Phase 1 (July 1-31)
Vertex Climbing Community –
We want to thank you for your support during the COVID crisis and during our time of closure.
Vertex Climbing Center will also be continuing its part through increased sanitation in high level areas every 2 hours, specific staff COVID policies and requirements, and continued route resetting.
We appreciate your support during this time and look forward to having you back climbing with us soon!
COVID-19 Member Policies: Phase 1
- Members are anyone with a prepaid (annual or monthly), EFT, or punchcard.
- Members will not be allowed to use guest passes during Phase 1.
- Athletics and Yoga classes are cancelled during Phase 1.
- Additional Adult Program classes are to be determined and class sizes may be limited.
We will have a limited capacity of 20 members in the gym at one time .
- Reservations for 2 hour time slots can be made through our website or by calling.
- If the 20 slots have not been reserved, we will accept member walk-ins. During peak hours, we suggest reserving or calling to check on availability before you come in.
- Parents are required to accompany minors (12 & under) and they will count towards the total occupancy.
- No one will be allowed to enter the facility without a face mask, including Vertex Staff, delivery drivers, etc.
- Vertex Climbing Center will have cloth masks available for purchase if needed.
- Face masks must cover nose & mouth – please see the CDC Guidelines for more information.
All who enter must be symptom / fever free and will be asked to complete a set of screening questions prior to climbing.
All must wash hands or hand sanitizer upon entering the facility. We encourage everyone to continue to practice good hygiene.
Please bring your own hand sanitizer, we will have some for those who don’t .
Continued social distancing:
- Please respect others and do not climb on top ropes, autobelays, lead routes, or boulder problems within a 6 foot radius of other climbers who are not your partner.
- Please respect other 6 foot measures made around the facility such as cubby use, front desk, and upstairs training areas.
We recommend keeping to one climbing partner per day or try to climb with fellow household members.
There will be no Youth Programs through Phase 1 – We will contact our youth program families when we are able to resume the programs.
Anyone who chooses not to respect and follow these policies may be asked to leave the facility.
IF YOU NEED TO MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR MEMBERSHIP, PLEASE USE THE MEMBER CHANGE FORM
EFT Members: Will be billed on July 01, 2020 as usual unless you have completed a specific membership change request using the Member Change Form
Frozen Members: Anyone who wishes to remain frozen starting July 01 will be charged the $10.00 freeze fee like normal. To unfreeze your membership before May 01 please fill out a membership change request online – or we can unfreeze on your first day back to the gym.
Prepaid Members: Will be charged a freeze fee of $10 per month if you choose to remain frozen past July 01, 2020.
We look forward to climbing with you soon!!